Animal Medical and Surgical Hospital Allergy Testing and Treatment
There are three main types of common allergies: Pollen allergies (trees, grasses, mold, dust mites, weeds), Food allergies and Flea allergies. Allergies do tend to run in families and with in certain breeds. Golden Retrievers, West Highland White Terriers, Cocker Spaniels and Schnauzers are some of the more common breeds that are represented.
At Animal Medical and Surgical Hospital, we can find out what your pet is allergic to with a simple blood test. This test checks for allergies to an extensive list of regional pollens such as: Cedar trees, Oak trees, Pine trees, Bermuda grass, Johnson grass, Russian Thistle, Ragweed, different molds, house dust mites, cotton, insects and many, many more. We can also test for different food allergies.
It is simple, quick and easy. Call us to schedule an appointment to ask about allergy testing. 918-492-2674
- "Allergy injections" (hyposensitization injections)
- Apoquel ( a new and wonderful medication for the fight against allergies)
- Omega 3 fatty acid supplements (fish oil)
- Possible steroid use when necessary
- Medicated shampoo and conditioner/ sprays
- Medicated topical sprays
- Aggressive flea control
- Food trial with a prescription hypoallergenic diet
Please, call us to discuss what combination would work best for you and your pet. 918-492-2674