Therapy Laser (Cold Laser)
What is Therapy Laser?
Therapy Laser is a cold laser that uses light to help the cells to make energy and when the cells make more energy, they heal faster. Laser light also helps decrease swelling so that pain is reduced and skin, muscle and nerves heal. Because of the laser stimulation, the cells release endorphins which are the body's natural painkillers.
When is Therapeutic Laser used?
Therapeutic laser is for any animal that is experiencing the following:
- Ear inflammation and disease
- Arthritis (Degenerative Joint Disease)
- Back Pain (Intervertebral Disc Disease)
- Anal Gland Inflammation and Infection
- Lick Granulomas
- Hot Spots and other Inflammatory Skin Conditions
- Gum Disease and Inflammation
- Post Operative Swelling
- Urinary Bladder Infections
- Nasal Inflammation (Sinusitis and Rhinitis)
What Is The Schedule for Therapeutic?
Therapeutic laser usually takes about 8 to 15 minutes for each treatment. We start out with an initial set that is scheduled two to three times weekly for between 6 and 8 treatments. Then the treatments are every 2 to 3 weeks as needed to keep the pain and inflammation under control. We may want to schedule this with Acupuncture sessions to help with quicker results.