Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine (TCVM) looks at the animal as a whole being. Disease processes are a sign of the body being out of balance.
At AMSH we use Acupuncture and Herbals for your pet with western medicine to help with chronic pain, arthritis, stress, kidney disease, liver disease, seizure activity and many other pet problems.
Acupuncture has been used in China for thousands of years to treat many ailments. It is used around the world.
* Acupuncture is the insertion of needles into specific points on the body to create a healing response.
* When these specific points are stimulated; nerves are stimulated, blood circulation increases, muscle spasms are relieved and hormones such as endorphins are released.
* These are not the only benefits. As we continue to study acupuncture, more effects are being discovered.
* The type of treatment may include the use of a dry needle or electroacupuncture.
When should Acupuncture be used?
Acupuncture is indicated for functional problems, noninfectious inflammation and pain.
* Musculoskeletal problems: arthritis, intervertebral disk disease or traumatic nerve injury
* Respiratory problems: feline asthma
* Skin problems: lick granulomas, allergic dermatitis
* Gastrointestinal problems: diarrhea
* Selected reproductive problems
Are there side effects to Acupuncture?
* Acupuncture is very safe when administered by a properly trained veterinarian.
* Side effects are rare but the do exist. Your pet's condition may seem worse for up to 48 hours after treatment. Your pet may become lethargic or sleepy for 24 hours.
* These effects usually mean that there are some physiological changes developing.
There are multiple TCVM herbal formulas. Each one must be prescribed for the pattern or disease process of your pet. The formulations are based on thousands of years of chinese medicine and herbal formulations. Some more common formulations are listed.
|Body Sore Formulation||Used for pain|
|Shen Calmer Formulation||Useful with mental stress and anxiety|
|Rehmannia Formulations||Used for Kidney conditions|
|Happy Earth Formulation||Useful for upset Stomach|
|Hindquarter Weakness Formulation||Used for some arthritic conditions|
|Heart Qi Tonic||Great support for Heart Disease|
There are many herbal formulations available for many different disease patterns. These can be used alone or in conjunction with Western Therapies. The combination of Acupuncture, Herbal therapies and Diets along with Western medications work best.
Please, let us know how we can help you and your pet: Give us a call at 918-492-2674